1. What is a career coach?
A career coach is someone that you help and support you in achieving you professional / career aspirations. By using coaching techniques, such as intuition, questioning and scenario analysis, a career coacher can help you to feel EMPOWERED to make things happen for yourself.
2. How does career coaching differ from mentoring?
A mentor is someone that will advise you on what you should be doing next or how to handle a certain situation. A coacher does not provide advice; instead, she listens to you and asks you open-ended / insightful questions so that you find the best answer to your problems.
3. What happens during a career coaching session?
I will ask you questions to explore the area we are focusing on, on a specific session. By the end of the session, an action plan is agreed, to ensure that you can take action towards your goals.
4. Is there a standard framework applied to coaching?
Yes and no – there is no universal approach agreed for coaching, but I have developed my own program that I always follow to help you define and achieve your goal.
5. Can I have a coaching session online or by phone?
Yes. Coaching sessions can be held via phone, web-chat, email or face-to-face. The format of the sessions will be agreed and discussed with each client, as every option brings some advantages and disadvantages.
6. What are the key coaching competences?
The ‘International Coaching Federation’ (ICF) has defined 11 coaching skills that are deemed as required to be a professional coacher:
7. What are the key coaching techniques?
A professional coach will ensure that she is present in the moment, actively listening and asking powerful questions, using her intuition.
8. How will I know if I’m doing it right / progressing?
We will always agree an action plan so that we can track your progress. In any case, even if at the initial sessions you feel you are not achieving much, you will definitely know when the answer you were looking for, suddenly unveils!
9. Do professional coaches have qualifications?
Yes, they do. I am certified by the World Coach Institute (WCI) - http://www.worldcoachinstitute.com/
10. Do professional coaches have a code of ethics?
Yes, they do. I obey to the International Coaching Federation (ICF) code of ethics, being certified by the WCI - https://coachfederation.org/code-of-ethics/
11. If I book the initial free chat, do I have to buy any other sessions?
No. The initial free chat does work at an extra tool to really be sure that coaching is for you and that we are a good match to work together; there will be no pressure from my side for you to buy the program.
12. If I buy the program but feel dissatisfied, can I get a refund?
Of course! There is nothing worse than an unsatisfied client - if you feel unhappy after two weeks/ sessions, you can get a full refund.